Sentimental seventies, edgy eighties, naughty nineties or the tantalizing 2000s, dialogues have been a major source of seeties, taalis and even gaalis at times from the audiences.
Some praiseworthy while a few cringe worthy year 2013 gave us a bag full of dialogues that will remained etched in our memories.
As the year bids adieu, here's a look at some of the most memorable dialogues of 2013... (In the order of release dates)
Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola
They were used as tweets and liked and shared as Facebook status updates. The dialogues of Anushka Sharma, Imraan Khan and Pankaj Kapur starrer Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola brought smiles on audience's faces.
Some of the funniest dialogues from the movie include:
- Kitni baar samjhaye tujhe, kachha banyan pehnke mat jaya kar talab mein" - Matru
"Toh kya utaar kar jaya karu? Kachha ya banyan?" - Bijli
- Jab dil saand ho toh har ladki bhais dikhai deti hai
Race 2, year's first sequel had as many witty one liners as its plot has the twist and turns. Few dialogues that caught our fancy were:
- Race hamesha meri thi aur meri hi rahegi, kyunki main is race ka sabse purana khiladi hoon'
- 'Badla jitna purana hota hai, utna hi khatarnak hota hai'
- 'Aaj meri wajah se tumhari ek achchi aadat chhoot jayegi, zinda bachne ki.'
Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster Returns
Mahie Gill as the drunkard biwi was top of her act, especially because she had some of the meatiest dialogues that she delivered with utmost conviction and of course loads of oomph. What do you have to say about
- 'Aapko pata hai mard zyada gaaliyan kyun dete hai? Kyunki woh rote kum hai'
- ' 'Yeh hamesha mard hi kyun milte hain hum mein ... shayar kyun nahi milte?.'
- 'The baap of all dialogues was 'tumhe dekhkar badtameezi karne ko kyun jee karta hai'.
Mere Dad Ki Maruti
This story of an always at loggerhead father - son duo touched hearts at many levels. And the funny one liners thrown by the irritated Punju papa played by Ram Kapoor was one of the reasons. Can you control cracking up at this one?
- Isko dekh ke pata chalta hai ki kuch janwar apne hi bachon ko kyun kha jaate hai.
While there was nothing worth appreciating in this remake directed by Sajid Khan, the dialogues too were cringe worthy to the core.
Check this out
- 'Na main Police wala, na CBI wala, main ek ma ka beta, behen ka bhai, Himmatwala.
If that wasn't enough a torture by Ajay Devgn, Paresh Rawal joined him with lined like
- 'Yeh haath hai ki hathoda? Keedo ki basti mein yeh kaun aagaya makoda?', 'Do din mein warna... teesre din tumhara chautha hoga' and
- 'Aap tayyar ho jaiye jijaji, Ravi banega naya sarpanch aur aake marega aapke sar pe punch.'
Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
Need some pick up lines to impress that girl? Pick up the DVD of this Ranbir and Deepika starrer and you'll find aplenty. Picture this -
- Tumhari jaisi ladki flirting ke liye nahi, ishq ke liye bani hai aur ishq mere sehat ke liye achha nahi hai.
- Teri smile kitni dangerous hai pata hai, mere paas dil hota toh pucca aa jata ispe.
Or this one -
- Tum pehle bhi itni hi khoobsoorat thi ya... waqt ne kiya koi haseen sitam?
This one threw bombs after bombs of PJs at the audiences. The forced humour was so bad that we end up remembering the torture. Some of the worst one liners were -
Wo sab mujse impress the, par main depress tha, mind mein stress tha, par jahan mein tha wahan ka maahol bahut dangerous tha
- Myself Shamsher Singh from Punjab. Which part? Areee, whole body.
- Gaadi kharaab ho gayi hai kya? Shah Rukh: Nahi.Deepika: Ye gaadi se dhuaan kiu fir? Shah Rukh: Gaadi cigarette pee rahi hai
- Meri dictionary mein impossible ka shabd hi nahi hai. Deepika: Kahan se kharidi itni bokwaas dictionary?
Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobaraa
This was another film that we remember for its 'dimaag-ki-dahi' dialogues. Not one but two, the film has a bombardment of worst dialogues that we had ever heard. Some of the cheesiest ones include -
- Doodh mein nimbu jisne daala, paneer uska ho jaata hai
- Muje kisi ne kaha tha mera future bahut bright hai tab se ye kala chashma pehenta hoon
- Bambai badal rahi hai, Kumkum se Kimi Katkar ki tarah lag rahi hai.
- Aadmi toh aurat ke hote hai, muje toh mard chahiye.
The sequel to Masti, Grand Masti was grand at no level. The film was loaded with double meaning dialogues, which were too bad to forget. Hence, they find a mention here
- Sab log pussy pussy keh rahe hain, koi ye nahi kehta ki pussy kahan ghusi
- Jab se Pappu paida hua hai, main hilane me expert ho gaya hoon
- Meri do doodh ki badi-badi factories hain, aaj raat main aapko unke darshan dungi .
Believe in impressing girls with SMSs? Help is hand in Ram-Leela. Deepika and Ranveer Singh starrer is loaded with some of the most memorable SMS kinda dialogues. For instance
- Jigar pe mat jaa, trigger dabaa doongi
- Bada badtameez, besharam, khudgarz hota hai par pyaar toh aisa hi hota hai
- Green hai angoor, kele ka rang peela hai, Kehdo saari duniya se, Ram ki Leela hai
- Namkeen nani, naughty nana hai, Leela ko Ram ke ghar jana hai