'Milana' continues to top Kannada film charts
R.G. Vijayasarathy [ Wed, Dec 26, 2007 ]
- Bangalore, Dec 27 (IANS) "Milana", which has crossed the 100-day mark, is the topper among Kannada films of the fortnight.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. "Milana" - The film continues to draw woman viewers in droves. Melodious tunes have contributed to its popularity. This Puneet Raj Kumar film continues to occupy the top spot despite the release of many star-studded films.
2. "Chanda" - The Vijay starrer may not have got rave reviews, but box-office collections are proving it is a big hit. Director S. Narayan has again shown that he has a finger on the viewer's pulse. Songs and stunts are the film's main attractions.
3. "Ee Bandana" - The Vishnuvardhan film directed by first time director Vijayalakshmi Singh, released just days ago, has got a great opening. The film's emotional content is certain to attract family audiences in the coming days.
4. "Lava Kusha" - Director Saiprakash's film is beginning to lose ground just in its second week. The presence of two big stars - Shivaraj Kumar and Upendra - in the film and the holiday season may ensure it runs for some more time in the theatres.
5. "Krishna" - The film is actually improving its collections after a 50-day run and a big media blitz unleashed by the producers. Golden Star Ganesh has proved that he is the most popular Kannada actor at the moment.