'Milana' goes strong even after silver jubilee
R.G. Vijayasarathy [ Thu, Jan 10, 2008 ]
- Bangalore, Jan 11 (IANS) "Milana", set to complete a silver jubilee run in many centres, tops the fortnight's list of Kannada films.
The top five films are:
1. "Milana" - Some days ago, the film could not be screened in the main theatre of Bangalore because of a technical problem. Even after the film was shifted to another theatre, it continued to draw crowds of the same size. Family audiences are backing this Puneet Raj Kumar film, directed by Prakash.
2. "Ee Bandana" - The Vishnuvardhan starrer, made by first-time director Vijayalakshmi Singh, has been attracting large female audiences. Vishnu's performance is the highlight of the movie.
3. "Preethi Eke Bhoomi Melidhe" - Pre-release hype and publicity on TV channels did help the film to get a fantastic opening. But the box office collections have shown a decreasing trend. The film has been released in over 70 centres across Karnataka.
4. "Krishna" - Golden Star Ganesh's film has completed 100 days. Nothing goes wrong for Ganesh, who has been enjoying big success from the day "Mungaru Male" was released.
5. "Chanda" - Director S. Narayan's Vijay starrer has been well received at the box office. Even distributors have been able to rake money from the action film.