'Milana' overtakes 'Krishna' at Kannada box office
R.G. Vijayasarathy [ Thu, Nov 15, 2007 ]
- Bangalore, Nov 16 (IANS) "Milana", a slow starter, has completed 50 days and tops the fortnight's list of popular Kannada films.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. "Milana" - The film took off from the third week and has recorded increasing popularity since then. Melodious music and meaty performances are drawing family audiences.
2. "Krishna" - With much loved star Ganesh in the lead role, the film had a good opening, but after the fourth week, it has begun to lose its appeal and slipped to number two position this fortnight.
3. "Aa Dinagalu" - Director Chaitanya's underworld drama is a big success story. Though it did not have an impressive opening, the film picked up from the second week. Made on a modest budget, "Aa Dinagalu" is doing notably well in Bangalore, Mysore and Shimoga.
4. "Yuga" - Starring Vijay in the lead, the film had a fantastic opening, but the collections started dropping from the fourth day. It failed to pick up during Diwali holidays.
5. "Geleya" - Made without superstars and on a reasonable budget, the movie may not have raked in big money but has done fairly well.