'Milana' tops Kannada film charts
R.G. Vijayasarathy [ Tue, Dec 11, 2007 ]
- Bangalore, Dec 12 (IANS) "Milana", a 100-day hit, heads the fortnight's list of leading Kannada films and its star, Puneet Raj Kumar, keeps his position as top star unaltered.
1) "Milana": The film continues to have a good run mainly for want of competition. It has been helped not only by good direction and decent performances but also by its melodious songs. Puneet Raj Kumar excels as usual.
2) "Chanda": Vijay proves his box-office stamina in this film directed by S. Narayan. The film had a very good opening but trade pundits said it wouldn't do well later. They have been proved wrong.
3) "Krishna": Going by the collections in the first six weeks, "Krishna" is a big hit. 'Golden Star' Ganesh has proved that he is a big star now, with continuous hits to his credit. The publicity blitz unleashed by the producer after 50 days has given the film a fresh impetus.
4) "Orata I Love You": The film made with fresh faces and a new director is doing very well at the box office. The songs and the authentic narrative are proving to be the film's main attractions.
5) "Aa Dinagalu": The film has completed 50 days in Bangalore and Mysore. Convincing performances and a realistic narration are the film's assets.