Barfi!' wins top honours at TOIFAApr 7, 2013 Nivedita
Vancouver, April 7 (IANS) The story of a deaf and mute boy, "Barfi!" turned out to be the top winner at the maiden edition of the Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA) cornering the best film, best director, best actor and best actress trophies.
At a glittering awards function Saturday, Anurag Basu picked up the best director award while Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra carried home the best actor and best actress trophies, respectively.
Southern actress Ileana D'Cruz, who made her bow in Bollywood with "Barfi!", won the best debut female award for her performance.
The award for the best debut male went to Ayushmann Khurrana for super hit "Vicky Donor", in which he played a sperm donor.
Rishi Kapoor won the best actor in a negative role trophy for "Agneepath".
In the critics awards category, Gauri Shinde won the best debut director critics award for telling a heart-warming tale in "English Vinglish", best actor female critics award went to Deepika Padukone for "Cocktail"; best actor male critics award was given to Irrfan for playing the steeplechase-runner turning into a dacoit in the ravines of the Chambal in "Paan Singh Tomar".
Anurag Kashyap-directed "Gangs of Wasseypur", a gritty celluloid saga of the coal mafia and blood thirsty vengeance, won the best film critics award.
Other winners in the popular award category are:
- Best supporting role female: Dolly Ahluwalia for "Vicky Donor"
- Best supporting actor male: Annu Kapoor for "Vicky Donor"
- Best actor comic role: Abhishek Bachchan for "Bol Bachchan"
- Best playback singer female: Shalmali Kholgade for "Pareshaan" from "Ishaqzaade"
- Best playback singer male: Sonu Nigam: "Abhi mujh mein" from "Agneepath"
- Best lyrics: "Saans" by Gulzaar for "Jab Tak Hai Jaan"
- Best music director: Atul-Ajay for "Agneepath"
Click the Movie button below for more info: