It was preplanned against me: Nawazuddin on assault caseJan 29, 2016 IANS
Mumbai: Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui on Friday said the assault complaint that a woman made against him, was a "preplanned" move against him.
At a press conference here, Nawazuddin said: "This entire incident was preplanned against me. They tried to provoke me and my family, and tried to video record our conversation and reaction in defence, anticipating that we will file a FIR against them."
"The police are investigating the matter further on both the FIRs and I want the truth to come out."
The critically acclaimed actor was in news earlier this month when a woman named Heena Sheikh filed a complaint at the Versova police station here against him, claiming that his bodyguards manhandled her. In response, Nawazuddin later filed a cross-FIR against five people.
He said that he is a person who avoids controversies.
"I enjoy my profession as an actor and want to focus only on that aspect. I have and always want to stay away from any kind of negativity and thus wanted to clarify my side with all my media friends," he added.
Advocate Rizwan Siddiquee stated: "The police will do a proper investigation in the matter and the truth will be out soon. The aim and object of the complainant is apparent from her own conduct and I need not say more."
"The very fact that the complainant, as a third party, was interfering in a self-created Society matter and provoking my client says it all."
The complainant resides in the same housing society as Nawazuddin, and she complained over an alleged dispute over parking space.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Pictures