Aamir Khan not to sign new films for one more yearNov 27, 2009 IANS
Mumbai, Nov 27 (IANS) Aamir Khan, who is currently busy promoting "3 Idiots", has decided not to take any new acting assignments in 2010 because he wants to concentrate on his three home productions.
"Aamir had earlier decided to take one year off. But now he has decided to extend his sabbatical by one more year. Filmmakers who have approached him with projects have been told that Aamir intends to take approximately one more year to supervise the post-production and final look of his three films," said a source close to the actor.
He wants put his home productions -- Abhinay Deo's "Delhi Belly", Anushka Rizvi's "The Falling" and his wife Kiran Rao's directorial debut "Dhobi Ghat" -- in order.
After the tough physical and emotional preparation for "Ghajini", Aamir had decided to take one full year off to rejuvenate himself.
He also wanted to relax and spend time with his wife and children. That's precisely what he has done for the last one year. But now Aamir would be taking one more year off because he feels all three projects need serious fine-tuning and have been delayed because he has been busy finishing and promoting director Rajkumar Hirani's "3 Idiots".
"The only way Aamir feels his three productions can be completed and released in 2010 is if he sets aside all his own acting assignments to look into them. So, he isn't signing any films in 2010 either," said the source
"It requires guts to say no to the best roles going in Bollywood and to a reported fee of approximately Rs.30 crore per film. But Aamir suffers no security pangs about not signing films. He told a friend he will work at his own pace, no matter what the temptation or provocation to take on extra work," added the source. Click the Movie button below for more info:
Aamir Khan Pictures