'Aishwarya' is fortnight's top Kannada filmOct 7, 2006 R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, Oct 7 (IANS) "Aishwarya" tops the list this fortnight with box office collections crossing the Rs.10 million mark in Bangalore.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. "Aishwarya" - The film, directed by Indrajith Lankesh and starring Upendra and Deepika Padukone, continues to draw crowds in its third week.
2. "Jothe Jotheyali" - Trade pundits are surprised that a film featuring a new star like Prem is doing so well in many centres. The film has done very good business in old Mysore.
3. "Sevanthi Sevanthi" - The film is a winner and still doing well in semi-urban and rural areas. It is expected to gross over Rs.50 million all around Karnataka.
4. "Sirivantha" - The film has been getting high praise from the media and people who have seen it and seems headed for the number one position. However, initial collections have not been on expected lines because it was released before the festival period. Now, collections are improving and family audiences are visiting the theatres in large numbers.
5. "Mohini 9886088888" - The film had a good opening, but the collections have not been satisfactory from the third week onwards.
Click the Movie button below for more info: