'Jothe...' beats 'Hubballi' at Kannada box officeDec 15, 2006 R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, Dec 16 (IANS) "Jothe Jotheyalli", marching on towards its 100th day, is leading the pack of Kannada films this fortnight.
The top five Kannada films:
1. "Jothe Jotheyali" - The film is attracting youngsters and family audiences. "Jothe Jotheyali" is expected to make huge profits for actor-producer Darshan who has launched his brother Dinakar as a director with the movie.
2. "Hubballi" - The film starring Sudeep had a good start. In the first two weeks, box office collections created some records for the film. The collections started dropping later, but it will not affect the film's business in the rural centres.
3. "Sirivantha" - The film has made an impact on the middleclass audience, though the youth has not backed it. Women have always thronged the theatres for Vishnuvardhan films and "Sirivantha" is no exception.
4. "Tenali Rama" - Featuring Ramesh Arvind and Jaggesh, the film is an out-and-out comedy and has opened to a wonderful response.
5. "Kannadadha Kanda" - The film couldn't be released in good theatres but it has drawn good collections wherever it has been screened. Hero Vinod Raj has returned to acting after a long gap, but has proved that he is still popular. It is expected to be a profitable venture for its producer Leelavathi, who is Vinod's mother.
Click the Movie button below for more info: