'Cycle' still going strong at Malayalam box officeMar 18, 2008 Paresh C Palicha
Kochi, March 19 (IANS) This list has been difficult to draw up, as no film has been a success barring "Cycle" and "Kadha Parayumbol". The dull phase is expected to continue for another month.
During Vishu festival, some big films are expected to hit the marquee. The top five Malayalam films are:
1. "Cycle" - Director Johny Antony's film with two young stars, Vineeth Sreenivasan and Vinu Mohan, is still going strong. The audiences still have not got enough of it.
2. "Roudram" - Mammootty celebrates silver jubilee of police roles. Director Renji Panicker gives a verbose character to the superstar that his fans love.
3. "Katha Parayumbol" - This Sreenivasan film is really going places. The latest is that Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will feature in the Hindi version of the film to be directed by Priyadarshan.
4. "Jubilee" - Debutant director Gee George teams up with upcoming star Saiju Kurup in a family drama that has a long list of established actors as supporting cast. However, the film has not performed well at the box-office as it did not survive in the theatres even for one week. It is here on the list because of the lack of better options.
5. "Gopalapuranam" - Veteran director K.K. Haridas makes a film with Mukesh and Tamil actor Ramana and it is a wasted effort.
Click the Movie button below for more info: