'Hello' stays on top despite new Malayalam releasesJul 25, 2007 Paresh C. Palicha
Kochi, July 25 (IANS) Two new films, "Mission 90 Days" and "Sooryan", hit the Malayalam marquee last fortnight, but they couldn't dislodge "Hello" from the top spot.
The top five Malayalam films are:
1. "Hello" - Directors Rafi-Mecartin have presented Mohanlal in an out-and-out comic role. The actor has enthralled audiences with his performance and it shows in the box-office collections.
2. "Mission 90 Days" - Major Ravi is back with the story of a National Security Guards (NSG) team tracking down the assassins of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi. The film, which has Mammootty in the lead, has received a mixed response from viewers.
3. "Arabikatha" - Sreenivasan plays a man who holds leftist ideals close to his heart. There is a twist in the tale when he has to go to the Middle East to earn money. Director Lal Jose beautifully captures the turmoil and confusion of the protagonist.
4. "July 4" - The title was supposed to bring Dileep good luck, but could not make up for this mishmash of many films.
5. "Sooryan" - Actor Jayaram and director V.M. Vinu team up to tell the story of a classical singer, but end up with a heavy concoction that leaves viewers unmoved.
Click the Movie button below for more info: