'Kadha Parayumbol' leads Malayalam packJan 8, 2008 Paresh C. Palicha
Kochi, Jan 9 (IANS) "Kadha Parayumbol" still tops the list of Malayalam films, which remains the same except for the addition of director Jayaraj's "Of The People".
The top five films are:
1. "Kadha Parayumbol" - Sreenivasan competes with himself as a writer and as an actor in the film directed by debutant M. Mohanan. Mammootty, in a guest appearance that is equal to the main role, has got the audience hooked to the film.
2. "Romeo" - A Dileep-style comedy, written by Rafi Mecartin and directed by Rajasenan, has got the vacation crowd thronging the theatres.
3. "Kangaroo" - Last year was good for Prithviraj with two of his films doing well at the box-office. This family entertainer directed by Raj Babu is surely going to increase his fan base.
4. "Flash" - Mohanlal's bad phase at the box office continues. Veteran director Siby Malayil's effort to make an interesting psychological thriller comes a cropper here.
5. "Of The People" - Director Jayaraj makes yet another sequel to his "4 the People" with a bunch of newcomers. But it doesn't have the magic of its prequel and enters the list by default.
Click the Movie button below for more info: