'Rajamanikyam' set to create a recordJan 20, 2006 Paresh C. Palicha
Kochi, Jan 21 (IANS) The advent of the new year has made little difference to the Malayalam film industry. With no new releases in the past couple of weeks, the films of last year are still holding on.
The top five Malayalam films are:
1. "Rajamanikyam": The biggest hit of last year is leaping towards the 'biggest-ever grosser' status.
2. "Bus Conductor": Director V.M. Vinu has tried to capitalise on Mammootty's star aura. But the film seems a bit lame compared to other recent releases of the actor.
3. "Tanmatra": Director Blessy has proved that he knows his craft well. He has again defied typical notions of heroism by casting Mohanlal as an average family man in this film.
4. "The Tiger": Suresh Gopi-Shaji Kailas was a deadly combo in the past. The duo's effort to recreate the magic has received mixed response.
5. "Anandabhadram": This film has moved to smaller theatres in the interiors, because Tamil Pongal releases have captured exhibition space in cities.
Click the Movie button below for more info: