'Thottijaya' beats 'Ah...Aah' at box officeSep 20, 2005 Aparna Nath, Sep 20
Chennai, Sep 20 (IANS) Silambarasan's avatar as a full-fledged action hero has gone down well with the audience with his new film "Thottijaya" receiving a great opening at the box office.
Though S.J. Suryah's "Aa..Aah" was expected to do better, "Thottijaya" has won over.
The top five Tamil films at the box office are:
1. "Thottijaya" (Director - Dorai): Dorai's last film was a realistic offbeat film called "Mugavari" starring Ajit and Jyothika. But the film didn't do very well commercially. His full-length action film, "Thottijaya", however, is a winner. For actor Silambarasan, this is the second hit after "Manmadan".
2. "Ah..Aah" (Director - S.J. Suryah): In a nutshell, the film is about a famished-looking Suryah romancing with a hot Simran look-alike, Nila. It is highly doubtful whether the film will have the same magic as "New". Nevertheless, it had a decent opening.
3. "Oru Kallooriyin Kathai" (Director - Nanda Periyasamy): This film had not only a good opening but continues to do extremely well at the box office. The plus points of the film are a different story, different treatment and an impressive young Arya.
4. "Oru Naal Oru Kanavu" (Director - Fazil): The truth is bitter. "Oru Naal Oru Kanavu" is not a "Kathalukku Maryadai". It is sad, but ONOK will not change Srikanth's career as "Kaathalukku Maryadai" changed Vijay's.
5. "Anniyan" (Director - Shankar): Shankar has started writing the script of his next film with Rajnikant as the hero, but "Anniyan" is still going strong everywhere.
Click the Movie button below for more info: