Hard to get tickets for offbeat 'Happy Days'Nov 27, 2007 Prema R
Hyderabad, Nov 28 (IANS) "Happy Days" continues to be the numero uno film. The response has been unprecedented and the film has crossed the 50-day mark. A function was held in Dallas, Texas, to celebrate the day.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. "Happy Days" - It is amazing that it is still difficult to get tickets for this movie. It's Sekhar Kammula all the way when it comes to successful offbeat films. His different sensibilities as a director enable him to make simple, heart-warming stories with strong characterisation.
It is a big hit not just in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh but also in the US where it was released even before it came out in Hyderabad. The movie has raked in enough, proving that the audience does like different stories and not just run-of-the-mill stuff.
2. "Thulasi" - The film continues to be in the second spot. Family audiences seem to prefer "Thulasi" as it has a bit of sentiment, romance and child star Atulith who gives an endearing performance. Venkatesh returns to action in this film, which has a lot of commercial elements.
A stereotypical story with a lot of violence thrown in, it has a sizzling item number by Shriya. Nayantara is paired with Venkatesh whose earlier film "Adavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule" was a big hit.
3. "Athidhi" - This ia a mainstream movie where Mahesh is the shining star. A typical formulaic film filled with violence, gore and song and dance, "Athidhi" does not offer anything new to the viewer besides Mahesh and a couple of well-picturised songs.
Amrita Rao makes her debut in this movie that is Mahesh's show all the way. The movie's performance has been average. Mahesh's presence ensures that the movie runs for a couple of weeks.
4. "Nava Vasantham" - Tarun comes back after a gap in this film directed by Shahjahan. A remake of the Tamil film "Punnagai Desam", the film is a youthful story based on friendship. It's quite an entertainer.
5. "Seema Sastri" - This is more a comedy than a typical film set against the Rayalaseema backdrop. Allari Naresh does a fairly good job in this movie directed by G. Nageswara Reddy.
Click the Movie button below for more info: