It's 'Happy Days' for Telugu box officeNov 15, 2007 Prema R
Hyderabad, Nov 16 (IANS) Director Sekhar Kammula's "Happy Days" is rocking the box office and continues to be the numero uno film. The movie approaches the 50-day mark and is still running to packed theatres.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. "Happy Days" - It is amazing that it is still difficult to get tickets for this movie. It's Sekhar Kammula all the way when it comes to successful offbeat films.
2. "Thulasi" - The film moves up to the second spot. Family audiences seem to prefer "Thulasi" as it has both sentiment and romance and child star Atulith, who gives an endearing performance. Venkatesh returns to action with the movie, which has a lot of commercial elements.
3. "Athidhi" - It is a mainstream movie where Mahesh is the shining star. The film does not offer anything new to the viewer except for a couple of well-shot songs. Amrita Rao makes her debut in Telugu cinema with the film, which is Mahesh's show all the way.
4. "Chandamama" - Director Krishna Vamsi's movie is a simple entertainer set against a rural backdrop with relatively unknown stars. It appears to be doing well with the audience and is running in many theatres.
5. "Viyyalavari Kayyalu" - Uday Kiran-Neha Julka-starrer love story released just last week is doing average business. It marks Uday's return after a gap. The movie is one of those types that appeal to the family audience.
Click the Movie button below for more info: