'Lakshmi' proves a big crowd-pullerJan 22, 2006 B. Anuradha
Hyderabad, Jan 22 (IANS) Among Sankranthi releases, "Lakshmi" has had the biggest opening. In spite of the death of a fan in a stampede in one of the theatres, the film is going places.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. "Lakshmi": Director Vinayak has rehashed "Peddanaiyya" to present this Venkatesh-starrer to the festival audience. The sentimental appeal of the film has ensured its success.
2. "Style": Choreographer-turned-director Lawrence offers this dance-based film and producer Sridhar should be lauded for betting money on a rare theme.
3. "Devadasu": Though it may not have raked in huge collections, director Y.V.S. Choudury's musical love story, which has 11 songs, has caught attention. Whether its appeal will outlast Sankranthi holidays remains to be seen.
4. "Jai Chiranjeeva": Chiranjeevi's comic caper is losing ground gradually because of a contrived plot.
5. "Vennella": Comedy is the USP of the film.
Click the Movie button below for more info: