Aamir-Kajol starrer 'Fanaa' ruling box officeJun 13, 2006 IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) From critics to audiences, everybody has profusely praised Kunal Kohli's second directorial venture "Fanaa" starring Aamir Khan and Kajol in the lead roles.
The love story between a terrorist and a blind girl has appealed to the masses and Yash Raj Films' cash register is jingling. Here are the top 10 Hindi films:
1. "Fanaa" - Director: Kunal Kohli. Aamir Khan-Kajol's chemistry is working wonders at the box office and even after two weeks the theatres are having packed shows.
2. "36 China Town" - Director: Abbas-Mustan. The initial response to the glossy fare wasn't encouraging but viewers enjoyed watching Shahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor romancing each other on screen. Akshaye Khanna shines in the film.
3. "Gangster" - Director: Anurag Basu. One of the biggest hits of the year, the film is going strong even after months of its release.
4. "Tom Dick & Harry" - Director: Deepak Tijori. The film got a lukewarm response at the box office. The three physically impaired heroes failed to tickle the funny bones of moviegoers with their antiques.
5. "Sacred Evil" - Director: Abhigyan Jha & Abiyaan Rajhans. Inspired by real-life witch Ipsita Roy Chakraverti, the film about religion and evil fails to appeal to non-believing audiences.
6. "Rang De Basanti" - Director: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. The film's unprecedented success at the box office has not only added another feather in Aamir Khan's hat but also given a new lease of life to Mehra's career.
7. "Humko Deewana Kar Gaye" - Director: Raj Kanwar. The film has nothing new to offer and moves at a sluggish pace and lacks depth too. However, Katrina Kaif, who did a fine job in "Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya", has made a mark in this film too.
8. "Aparichit - The Stranger" - Director: Shankar. The Hindi version of the super-hit Tamil film "Anniyan" has failed to lure audience.
9. "Pyare Mohan" - Director: Indra Kumar. The director has failed to place the jokes in the right places as a result of which the film falls flat on ticket windows.
10. "Ankahee" - Director: Vikram Bhatt. The film about an extra marital affair misfired at the box office but Esha Deol is triumphing - she earned rave reviews for portraying the role of another woman with aplomb.
Click the Movie button below for more info: