'Jothe...' beats 'Aishwarya' in audio raceNov 18, 2006 R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, Nov 18 (IANS) "Jothe Jotheyalli" occupies the top slot among the Kannada film albums this fortnight.
The top five Kannada albums are:
1. "Jothe Jotheyalli" - The film owes its success mainly to the music scored by V. Harikrishna. "Oh, gunavantha", "Barthaare barthaare" and the title number are very popular among young music buffs. The picturisation of the songs have enhanced their appeal.
2. "Aishwarya" - Though the film has nearly completed 10 weeks, its album is doing well in the Bangalore and Mysore areas. Publicity and marketing have made the peppy tunes by Rajesh Ramnath even more saleable. "Ella Ok, maduve yaake", "Hudugi hudugi" and the title song have been topping the charts.
3. "Thananam Thananam" - The melody-based music and the meaningful lyrics, both provided by P. Kalyan, have made the album popular even before the film's release. The songs liked by audiences are "Kande kande gopalana", "Cheluvantha raja kumara", "Koogalatheya dooradalli" and "Thananam".
4. "Sevanthi Sevanthi" - The film has completed a silver jubilee run and its album is also doing well. S.A. Raj Kumar's music, drawing on Kannada folk songs and tunes, are particularly popular in rural areas. "Jaaji mallige hoovu" is a chartbuster.
5. "Ekadhantha" - Guru Miran makes it to this list again with the album of this yet-to-be-released film. The title song, "Bandal badaayi maadeva" and "Ganapathi Bappa Moriya" are the main attractions of the album.
Click the Movie button below for more info: