'Ore Kadal' rules Malayalam cinema's lean Ramzan seasonSep 19, 2007 Paresh C. Palicha
Kochi, Sep 18 (IANS) The month of Ramadan is a dull period for Malayalam cinema as collections dip and theatres close for annual maintenance. With no new releases for the next few weeks, Mohanlal starrer "Ore Kadal" tops the chart.
The top five Malayalam films are:
1. "Ore Kadal" - Mammootty has the knack of maintaining a balance between commercial and off beat films. Directed by Shyama Prasad, "Ore Kadal" is a well-told, delicate story about a housewife, played by Meera Jasmine, falling in love with a self-absorbed social scientist.
2. "Alibhai" - The film continues the lean patch in megastar Mohanlal's career. Directed by Shaji Kailas has used all the ingredients that Mohanlal fans enjoy watching in his films, but it didn't work at the box office.
3. "Arabikatha" - Sreenivasan and director Lal Jose make a film about the Left in Kerala. Laced with humour, it hits the nail on the head.
4. "Hello" - Director Rafi-Mecartin's film is a saving grace for Mohanlal. Released long before Onam, it gave the fans of the star something to cheer about, as it is one of the biggest hits of the year.
5. "Indrajith" - A typical Kalabhavan Mani film directed by Haridas, the film was released just a week before Ramadan and made it to the list as there is no other film vying for the place.
Click the Movie button below for more info: