Ajit's 'Paramasivan' beats Vijay's 'Aathi'Feb 5, 2006 Aparna Nath
Chennai, Feb 5 (IANS) The top five films remain the same because there weren't any releases after Pongal.
Ajith, whose "Paramasivan" has become a huge hit, has overtaken his rival Vijay, whose "Aathi" is doing below average business.
The top five Tamil films are:
1. "Paramasivan"; Director: P.Vasu - This is Vasu's latest film after the hugely successful "Chandramukhi". But this Ajith starrer can't repeat the same success story. But Vasu can take pride in giving Ajith a much-needed hit.
2. "Aathi"; Director: Ramana - Such a violent film was not expected to go down well with the audience, and it has not. Another failure faced by Vijay's father, who is the producer of the film.
3. "Kanda Naal Muthal"; Director: Priya - When people found Pongal releases too dark and violent, they went back to this sweet little film. Priya's creation is back at the third position again.
4. "Saravana"; Director: K.S. Ravi Kumar - A remake of a Telugu film, "Saravana" failed to attract audiences. It is a setback for lead actor Simbu aka Silamabarasan.
5. Sandakozhi; Director: Lingusamy - Like "Kanda Naal Muthal", "Sandakozhi" is a hit. The film has all the ingredients to make it a box office hit - action, humour and good music.
Click the Movie button below for more info: